What You Get:
Introduction to Testing
- Upgrade your mindset from executing business plans to de-risking business ideas
- Become familiar with a systematic testing process
- Discover the importance of testing systematically, whether in startups or established organizations
- Ask yourself, what needs to be true for your business idea to work and capture them as testable hypotheses?
Prioritize and refine hypotheses, and set yourself up for testing success
- Choose the right experiment, for the budget you have, and the type of hypothesis you’re testing
- Design experiments that produce strong evidence
- Capture evidence in an efficient manner as you collect it
- Draw useful insights from a mix of qualitative and quantitative data
- Apply four types of action to progress your business idea: collect more evidence, move to the next important hypothesis, pivot or kill your idea.
- Use the Progress Board to track who’s doing what
- Use the Innovation Scorecard to quantify how much risk you’ve reduced
- Use the pitch template to tell a story about what you’ve learned and suggest a path forward for your idea